Thursday, October 16, 2014

the stars

I used to love to play softball but age and bad knees do take a toll.  I used to love to play softball, but I was not a very good hitter.  When I would come up to the plate, all of the outfielders would move up because I could usually only hit little dink shots. 

But three times in my life, the stars lined up and I got the bat on the ball just right and hit it over the left fielder's head.  Boy were they surprised.  So was I!  I remember their names and we joke about it to this day.

Every now and then the stars line up.  Your hard work pays off and the machine runs better than you ever thought it might.

Here is to the World Series bound 2014 Kansas City Royals!  They have worked hard, and the stars have lined up for them!  How exciting!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: