Friday, October 10, 2014

ha ha

This is kind of gross, but its also kind of funny.  I hate tomato worms.  They are disgusting, and they do nothing but harm to our tomatoes. 

I had heard about this malady that befalls the tomato worms, but I actually saw it the other day.  The white things on the back of the hornworm are the larvae of a particular species of wasp.  They lay their eggs into the back of the worm and then the eggs hatch and eat the worm from the inside out.  Poetic justice.

Why am I sharing this with you?  I am taking a little joy in the downfall of this garden pest, and I am also again marveling at the complex and amazing nature of our Father's world.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Marcie Gragg,Troop Committee Chair said...

It's the little things in life....

Anonymous said...

Note to self:

Never read Jeff's blog while eating breakfast!!!!