Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The town that wouldn't sleep

Do you remember when you were a kid and you could not sleep the night before your birthday?  Maybe it was Christmas eve and you were so excited that you could not sleep?

Kansas City is the town that cannot sleep.  At least I cannot sleep for watching and thinking about the Royals!

We are game away from the world series!  The last time this happened, I was serving a church in Oklahoma and was one year out of seminary.  There have been so many exciting plays!  It has been amazing.

I have gone to the games for years.  I generally try to hit all of the afternoon games.  There are usually 4 of them during a year.  We would joke that it's pretty nice - there is only about 5,000 people there.  You can park up close, buy a ticket for $10 and sit where ever you want.

All that is different now, and it may be different in the future.  General admission may go up to $20 per ticket.

I don't care.  I am excited for the Royals, for baseball, for all of my friends who love baseball and I am excited for our home town.  Right now, we are the town that cannot sleep.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to

see the good.

No comments: