Wednesday, June 10, 2015

my life

A friend asked me the other day about my life.  The value of my life and my greatest joys and accomplishments.  I think that they were surprised when I told them that the most important thing to me was that at my funeral my children stood up and said that I was a good Dad.

Yes, being a pastor is important and I have seen many wonderful things over the years.  But if I succeed with the church and fail as a father, what does that say about my life?

I love my children and I would take a bullet for them.  I love the church too, but if I were ever forced to choose, I  would have to stand with my family.  I wasn't always a pastor, and someday I  will stop being one.  But I will always be a father and a husband.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: