Saturday, June 6, 2015

persecution

On occasion I get asked why we don't talk much about the persecution of Christians around the globe.  Make no mistake, I am saddened, angered, enraged by what groups like isis does to Christians and others.

However, I do not know how to affect change in this matter.  I am not sticking my head in the sand, I just can't do anything about it.  I do not want to talk about it at church every Sunday.  That would give the sermons an angry, sad flavor that I don't want on the table.  We need to focus on being positive and loving others.  We need to focus on not being selfish and engaging the part of the world where we can make a difference.

On a side not, I have a friend that is very connected to the military who tells me that our drones and such are doing a very good job.  They are doing much more than we hear reported on the news.

So, this is the end of the post.  persecution is very bad.  We should pray for those who experience it.  We should also welcome them into our country as immigrants without complaint.

On to today, and the life that you can affect.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: