Friday, June 12, 2015

you finally did it

You finally did it.  You pushed me over the edge.  Was it your comment after church?  Was it the comment that you posted on the blog?  Was it the email that you sent?  I don't know for sure, but I have had it.  After all the kindness that I have tried to show to you, I get this?  Really?  Well, I want you to know that I am not going to take this lying down.  I have already acted.  Yes, I did it. I snuck over to your house and kidnapped your pet rabbit.  You can have him back only if you apologize.

Hmmmm.  Did any of you wonder if I was mad at you?  Did any of you think I was really mad?  I am not mad at you.  I am not mad at anyone.

I have been thinking lately about how we collect things that aren't necessarily ours, like blame and guilt.  If you read the first four lines and wondered if I was talking about you, you have made my point.  We spend too much time thinking that something is wrong, that something is broken, and that something must be worried about.

Make your default something else.  Nothing is wrong!  All is well.  No one is mad at you.  And if they are, relax.  Don't let their unhappiness spoil the day.

But I am still going to hold your rabbit hostage until you say uncle.

It's a beautiful, joyful, guilt-free day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so good. Reminds me of the scripture "will a man rob God?" And (tee hee) I'm not referring to stealing God's pet rabbit.

What has come to my mind lately is that when I let any worrisome or non-productive thoughts control my mind, I'm robbing God of time I could spend thinking of him, praising Him, being grateful that he is more than we'll ever know.

Keep challenging us Jeff.