Monday, June 15, 2015

refugee

I have a friend whose mom was a refugee from Vietnam, leaving with the "boat people" after the fall of Saigon in 1975.  In case you are good with math, yes, he is younger than I am.

I was emailing with one of my buds the other day and I was reminded of the old saying, "we are all refugees from something."

Maybe it is a difficult upbringing [me.]  Maybe it is insecurity [me.]  I have a friend who grew up homeless.  I know people that spend the rest of their lives trying to recover from a divorce, a death, or a hurt of some kind.

We are all refugees from something. 

The good news is that we refugees have a place to go.  Thank God for our friends, but mostly, thank God for God.  In him we can find comfort and hope, even when our past tries to drag us down.  We may all be refugees, but thanks to Jesus, we are going somewhere.  We are on a journey of learning to love and see the good in this life.

It is a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: