Monday, June 8, 2015

The All

We humans tend to gravitate to our own interests, only loving the parts of a thing that seem relevant to us.  I only care about my service, the 9:05 service.  I only care about education.  I only care about mission, my favorite mission to be sure.  I only care about Upwards.  I only care about landscape.

Is this healthy for a church?  Imagine a family where the Dad said, I only care about the lawn.  Where the Mom said I only care about the kitchen.  Where little Suzie said I only care about my bedroom.  Not a very healthy family is it?

At a church, each of us needs to be committed to the whole.  We need to be behind every department, every mission, every group.  They may not be our favorite, but they are all important, and they are all ours.  The church is not just my little corner.  The church is everything.  The church is all of it. 

There is a joy that comes to us when we start to support areas that we had not been involved with up to this point.  How can you celebrate each member of the body?  How can we support each person's interest?

We are in this together.  All of us.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: