Sunday, March 27, 2016

He is Risen!

When I was in college a singing group called the Second Chapter of Acts sang a song:
Hear the bells ringing, they're singing that we can be born again!
Hear the bells ringing they're singing Christ is risen from the dead!
Joy to the world, He is Risen, Alleluia!!


Here is the link if you want to listen:
Link to the Easter Song

Easter brings many memories for me. When I was three years old, I got a deck of Casper the Friendly Ghost playing cards in my Easter Basket. We went to egg hunts every year in Kirkwood park. We ate big Easter meals and finished them off with a piece of lamb cake. [white cake baked in a lamb shaped pan.] We never missed church, ever, when I was growing up. In fact, I believe that I have been in church every Easter Sunday for 58 years.

Today, we will make new memories. Time spent with families, traditions exercised, relationships renewed. And church. May you find this day, a blessing from your worship. May the prayers prayed, the words spoken and the songs sung, bless you. May you feel the joy of life with God. May the resurrection speak to you of the hope that we have in Christ.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: