Thursday, March 17, 2016

My Ministry

I keep hearing this, so I am going to keep addressing it........

My Ministry.

My ministry. I heard a pastor say it the other day. We have done such and such in "my ministry." Or, "my ministry" focuses on such and such. My ministry has been successful. My. My. My. Me. Mine.

Ugh. It makes me cringe. I just want to pull my hair out when people say this. Let me rant for a minute.

Pastor, it is not your ministry! It is the ministry of Christ! It is not about you, it can never be about you and it cannot sound like it is about you. To the degree that we make it sound like it is about us, the work of Christ is hurt.

True ministry points past the person doing the ministry, to the object of the ministry- Jesus. It is a great privilege that any pastor has to be in the ministry of Christ. It is a privilege and an honor, not a right. It is not my ministry. It is the ministry of Christ. I just get to help for a while, and so do all of you.  It is the great privilege that we have to be in the ministry of Jesus Christ.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: