Thursday, March 3, 2016

I see a wall

I have this odd recurring dream.  It may be a day dream.

I am in Florida at a new church and there is a blank wall or a bulletin board in my office that is filled up with things that I need to remember.

Some of the basic reminders of what  I believe life is about are on this board.  I am sure that I am missing some things, maybe you can remind me of some things that I should be thinking about.  But here is my list so far:

I see a wall [with important sayings all over it]
  • Spiritually developed people are those who have learned to set aside their preference and comfort for the sake of the mission.
  • Everything had to be done at once.
  • Joy- Authenticity- Excellence
  • The starfish and the spider
  • We show our love for god by how we treat each other
  • DNA
  • The greatest commandment
  • Place, position and power = self
  • Grace alone
  • What is your image of God?
  • He has set eternity in our hearts.
  • What is your mission?
  • He makes all things beautiful
  • See the good
  • How can you help me be a better pastor?
  • The paralyzed friend.
  • Listen-Learn-Love-Lead
  • Acted upon or Acting upon?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And two of my favorites:

"We don't get to decide who the good guys and the bad guys are.'

and "We don't get to decide who is in and who is out"

Living a life that takes on that decision sometimes drives people away from God.

You've taught us so much Jeff, that a bulletin board on your office wall won't get it. You'll need the whole wall..

Unknown said...

Everyone is welcome here.