Saturday, March 12, 2016

Jesus on the Mount

Jesus at the sermon on the mount.

When I feel funny about the Christian life, when I feel that others are judging me, when I feel that some people are thinking that I am not a good leader, I try to think of Jesus. I think of him and how I imagine him being at the sermon on the mount.

It's time for the sermon to start, the people are gathered, the moment is right.......
Here comes Jesus: No pulpit, no robe, no preacher voice. He is just himself. He speaks from the heart, he looks people in the eye. He was relevant, normal and authentic. People loved him for it.

Why do we think that we need to be anything different than what Jesus was?  He did nothing to create distance and everything to draw people in.

When you consider your religious life, do you ever put on a show? Do you ever worry what others are thinking? Or are you content to just be you? You know, God accepts you exactly how you are. You don’t make him happier by dressing yourself up. He know all and sees all, and he still loves us.

Relax. Jesus did.

It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: