Wednesday, March 9, 2016

the back of winter

In 1978 we had a very cold Winter.  It was miserable.  I was in college and no one's car would start.  We suffered through January and February.  I will never forget when the temperature on the bank sign finally got to 40 degrees.  It was a miracle that we had waited so long for.

Since then, I have always believed that March 1st marks an important turning point in Winter.  On March 1st, the back of Winter is broken.  There may be some really cold days, but they won't last long.  Soon it will warm up again and Spring is on its way!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, I've thought of you several times since you announced your move to Florida. I remembered posts of the past where you shared how much you detest winter, when its bitterly cold, slick, and a deep gathering of snow to shovel off the drive.

We all have our favorites in life. And there was a time in life when I actually loved winter. No longer. But for you Jeff, I'm glad you won't have to do winters any more, in Florida. And counting a couple of blessings in today's post. I'm glad you even had a car in college. And your allusion to what a mild winter we've had makes me glad you didn't have one of those bitter winter seasons to endure, while you were alone a lot.

God bless.