Saturday, January 21, 2017

Banyon Tree

I took this picture of one of the Banyon trees at the Thomas Edison Estate when I was visiting there with Tim and Kathy Christenson.  I had heard of banyon trees but I didn't know anything about them, and I had never seen one before.

Banyons are the national tree of India.  They grow and spread and can become quite large.  The largest one in existence covers almost 5 acres!!

One of the things that I think is so interesting about them, is that they drop "feeders" from their branches, that take root and become an additional trunk.  Look closely at the picture and you can see what I mean.

I love this idea.

Imagine that you could root yourself over and over by dropping something from your arm.  Every time that the storms of life came along, you could stabilize yourself just by growing new roots from your branches.

We all need more roots, especially when the wind is blowing.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: