Saturday, January 14, 2017

false ideas

Our brains are full of false ideas.  Many people are too prideful to challenge their own thinking.  But great minds are constantly evaluating, taking a moral inventory, and trading unhealthy ideas for healthy.

Here are some typical ideas that we stubbornly hold in our hearts and minds, but they are wrong and need to leave:

  • you cannot be forgiven
  • you have committed the unpardonable sin
  • God is mad at you
  • it is all the other person's fault
  • my happiness depends  on others
  • my happiness depends on circumstances
  • I have all the truth
  • I know who is going to heaven and hell
  • I am right, they are wrong
  • I am not getting a fair shake in life

What is in your mind that may need to finally move on?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Worrying weakens my trust