Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Ken Fox

I love great thinkers.  I was in Nicaragua with some great folks a few weeks ago, one of them was Ken Fox.  Ken is quite an amazing person with a giant heart.

One of the things that he shared on the trip was a quote from TD Jakes "people came to church looking for Jesus and what they got instead was you."

The words stopped me in my tracks.  I am not pointing them at anyone else, you can take them in and consider them if you like, I am simply reflecting personally on the quote.  People come looking for grace, compassion, and joy - they come looking for Jesus.  When they get there, instead of Jesus, they get me.  I am not always gracious, not always compassionate, and not always joyful.

So I am reminded again about the constant goal in the life of a Christian, to pursue the likeness of Christ.  This is not a guilt laden pursuit, it is a pursuit of grace, compassion and joy.  It is a journey to see others as God does and to get myself out of the way so that the good can rise to the top.

Let's keep working on it.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with u about Ken n agree with Ken about U. u brought that to our church even if didn't think so n that's why we will miss u