Thursday, January 26, 2017

Old Friends

Old Friends.

When I moved to Lees Summit in 1994 I was blessed with immediate friends.  From left to right:  Tom Boehm, Joe McMurtrey, and Stu Elliott.

Tom and his wife Lisa sang at church, and we sang together in the choir.  As odd as this sounds, we bonded at church work days.  Joe is a father of six.  We got to know each other because our three year old sons were the orneriest kids in the county.  Stu was my next door neighbor.

Let me tell you something- these are good guys.  Over the years, our lives changed due to kids growing up, but I am always glad whenever I get to see these guys.

Old friends are priceless.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although it's never meant to be Jeff, I so wish you could have packed up some of these friends when you moved to FL, and taken them with you. Here's hoping that if you get to visit KC in April, to go to some Royals games, ride in a pontoon boat, and enjoy this area again, that you'll have some time to hang out with these guys and the many other dear friends you made here.