Thursday, May 2, 2019

A simple man

My friend Brian reminded me of some of Billy Graham's last words...

Lately, I have lost a few friends.  For a number of years, I faithfully read Billy Graham’s daily column in the KC Star. The Star did not continue the column after Rev. Graham died but he did get a chance to write a last column knowing it would be printed after he passed from this world. In that column he answered the question “how would you like to be remembered?” This was a man who spoke to hundreds of thousands if not millions over the years and helped many find their own version of faith. He did all that without any real scandal and without using guilt as an organizing tool. So how did he want to be remembered? As “a good man, a good husband, a good father and grandfather and as a good Christian.” Nothing grandiose about his accomplishments, nothing self-serving, just the simple affirmation of a life well lived. That sounds right to me. It also applies to many, if not all of those I’ve “lost” recently. How do you want to be remembered? It was simple for this man. Seems like it should be simple for me as well.”

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

Holy Land Trip leaving January 20, 2020 $2998 from New York

No comments: