Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Truth

Someone asked if I had read a certain author.  Yes I have.  I have read many authors that are not approved by the Catholic Church or the Baptist Church.  I have read Eckhart Tolle, Richard Bach, Rob Bell, Anthony Demello, Thich Nhat Hanh, and Paul Coutinho to name a few.

None of these authors are anything like Max Lucato.  Some people call such authors "new age."  All that means is that they offer ideas that do not fit the 1960's denominational view of Christianity.

There are authors that we read to reinforce our "Christianity in a box" thinking, and there are authors that we read to stretch our brains.

Remember Jeff and friends, there is more to life than what is dreamt of in your philosophy.

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.  Jesus is the truth. No longer a man in a human body, Jesus is Spirit, he is God, he is truth.

So, if I find a truth in my denomination, Jesus is there. If I find a truth in your denomination, Jesus is there. If I find a truth in creation, Jesus is there. If I find a truth in a denomination that I don't particularly like, then Jesus is there too. If I find truth in Rob Bell, then Jesus is there.  If I find truth in Judaism or Islam, then Jesus is there.  Where ever truth is, Jesus is, because he is the truth.

"A person who is a good and true Christian should realize that truth belongs to his Lord, wherever it is found, gathering and acknowledging it even in pagan literature." St. Augustine

Paul the Apostle read secular books and acknowledged the truth in them. He was familiar with Greek poets and philosophers and quoted them in Acts 17 in his speech on Mars Hill.

Jesus is the truth. Where ever you find it. He is there. He is bigger than my brain, bigger than our church and bigger than our ideas about him.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

Holy Land Trip leaving January 20, 2020 $2998 from New York
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/HL20A-2.pdf


No comments: