Wednesday, May 15, 2019

to be loved

I saw someone running on a treadmill trying to stay in shape. I don’t know why but I had the thought that they need to stay in shape so that someone would love them. 

Now this is an unfair judgment on my part.  Maybe they like to work out.  Maybe they are not worried about being loved or not.  I don't know and it is none of my business why they were on the treadmill.

But let's go back to my original thought.  What if they were working out so that someone would still love them?  Because if they became old or lame or flabby, if they lost anything of the beauty of youth they would no longer be lovable. 

What makes us lovable in the first place?  I love the friends that just love us because we are who we are: old skin, fat tummys, balding heads and broken knees. We all need people to love us for who we are, treadmill not needed.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

Holy Land Trip leaving January 20, 2020 $2998 from New York

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/HL20A-2.pdf

No comments: