Tuesday, May 14, 2019

who I like to hang out with

I asked my friend SG to give me some ideas to write about.  One of the things that she asked me to do was to write about who I like to hang out with.

So how do you explain who you like to hang out with?
I will hang out with lots of people, but in my ideal world, here is what I want, here is what I need.

You have to accept me, warts and all, and I will do the same for you.
I want you to have a sense of humor.  You have to be able to make fun of me and to laugh at your self.
I want you to like chicken wings.
I want you to be willing to drive 90 miles an hour in the Apple Market parking lot.
I want you to like baseball.
I want you to be able to say that you are sorry.
I want you to be able to cry, to be vulnerable.
I want you to be able to talk about really hard things without being a jerk about it.
You have to have a joke or two.
Somehow between us, the discussion has to feel real.

And I guess at the end of the day, that is the bottom line.  If you want to hang out with me, like buds, then our talks have to feel, and have to be, real.  REAL.  Down to earth and relevant.  

Life is too short for games.  Call me up.  Let's have a beer, if you like.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

Holy Land Trip leaving January 20, 2020 $2998 from New York
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/HL20A-2.pdf

No comments: