Friday, May 24, 2019

grieving a loss

A friend wrote in about how she and a couple of other friends were talking about the grief that they still feel over the loss of a loved one.  2, 5, years later and it still hurts.

I have never lost a spouse.  I have never lost a child.  I have had some very close friends pass.

It hurts.
I am so sorry for your hurt.

Stay busy.  Stay engaged with people.  Give yourself some time.  We will always miss them, but time can turn the pain into a savoring.  To savor a loved one is to value the gift that they were to us.

If I was there I would give you a hug and buy your lunch.

Please remember that you are loved.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

Holy Land Trip leaving January 20, 2020 $2998 from New York
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/HL20A-2.pdf

No comments: