Sunday, May 12, 2019

Happy Mother's Day

My mother was not perfect.  But she did carry me for 9 months and go thru the pangs of labor for me.  She also delivered 2 other healthy children, daughters, my sisters, Julie and Amy.

I love them.  My sisters, I love them.

My mom also had three miscarriages.   I know that this hurt her.  She suffered for the loss of those three other children who never saw the gift of life.

One of the reasons that we celebrate mother's day and make a big deal out of it is because most of us have no idea of the suffering and the struggle of mothers.  What do they feel?  What sacrifices did they make?  What is it like to put every thing about you into a subordinate position so that this new life can live???

Unless you are a mother, you have no idea.  I certainly don't.
But I can take this day to say, Moms I love you.

Happy Mother's Day!!!

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

Holy Land Trip leaving January 20, 2020 $2998 from New York
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/HL20A-2.pdf

No comments: