Monday, May 20, 2019

On Seeing People

My friend Brian wrote in a story about his friend, Luis...

“I’d like to mention my friend, Luis. Luis has a college degree, but our country does not think highly of the educational institutions in his home country and he works here as a maintenance man at a gym I frequent. Luis is an immigrant but is very much an American and proud of it even if English is not his native language. Luis is happily married and has 3 daughters. He is fiercely proud of them even though they, like all of us, have their ups and downs. Luis is a good man. I’m proud to call him my friend. How do I know so much about him? I took 5 or 10 minutes here and there and just noticed him. When I was in college I worked as a night janitor in a doctor’s building. I’m not sure anyone ever noticed me. I like to think those people may have missed out just as I would have missed out not getting to know Luis a little. This seems to me to be something worth considering in living this part of our lives.”

Too many people walk by and do not notice others.  Too many are stuck in their own worlds.  How sad...We need to see each other.

To see people, to see strangers, to see anyone is a holy thing indeed.  We are here to be here for others.  That begins with noticing them.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

Holy Land Trip leaving January 20, 2020 $2998 from New York
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/HL20A-2.pdf

No comments: