Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Eating

A friend asked me to write about what I like to eat.  Now there is an interesting blog topic...

When I was a kid we ate a lot of hot dogs, pancakes, mayonnaise sandwiches and the like.  As my dad got better jobs, the food improved.  We were required to eat some of everything and to clean our plates. 

The only thing I remember not liking as a kid was pickled beets.  Once I was staying with my Aunt and Uncle.  We were getting ready to go to the carnival.  I only had beets left on my plate.  My aunt told me to eat them.  I told her that she was not my mom.  [I was 8 years old.]  She told me that if I wanted a ride to the carnival, that I might want to rethink my answer.  I ate the beets.

Today I love Mexican food, the Outback Steak house, I love breakfast food at any time of day.  I love the $1.50 hot dog combo at Sam's.  My favorite pizza is Minsky's.  I like chicken and spaghetti and hamburgers and roast beef sandwiches.

I eat about anything and everything which is why my youthful figure has gone to pot.

But I don't eat beets.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

Holy Land Trip leaving January 20, 2020 $2998 from New York
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/HL20A-2.pdf

No comments: