Friday, September 6, 2019

baggage

My friend SG sent me this quote...

It's so strange, that babies come into this world in innocence, with no baggage and no worldly possessions.. .they aren't even wearing clothes.  But many adults exit this earth with lots of baggage. We are creatures of an imperfect world.

I agree.  What is going on?  It is like we spend the first years of our lives collecting shame, the need for approval, and all kinds of baggage.  Then we must make a decision about the rest of our lives.  Will we just live out our baggage or will we see it for what it is and work diligently to learn to live as a healthy person?

I remember in my 20's, blaming my parents for my problems.  Then when I was 28 I came to an epiphany... sure, they delivered some baggage... but now my decisions are mine.  The rest of my life is on me.

Are you lost in your baggage or actively working through it?  The rest of our lives are on us.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020

No comments: