Saturday, September 28, 2019

first prayer

I sometimes take an over the counter sleeping aid, like Tylenol PM.  I never do it more than 3 days per week.  The nights that I don't take them, I sometimes only sleep for 4-5 hours. 

A few days ago I slept all night without a sleep aid.  I slept soundly.  I dreamed that I was at a big country estate, a beautiful place inside and out.  In the dream I was making a milkshake in a blender.  Mmm!!!

Then I woke up.
Interesting.  The very first thought on my mind was, "thank you Lord for another day."

I cannot stress the importance of saying that prayer every morning.  To give thanks for every dawn, to celebrate every moment of every day, to acknowledge God and say thanks!

That is the good stuff.  First prayer of the morning.  Maybe the best prayer of the day.
Thank you God for the gift of this day.  Thanks for waking me up!

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020

No comments: