Monday, September 9, 2019

hotel room

Cathy and I stayed in a hotel room in Jacksonville over the weekend to visit our daughters and go to the Chief's game.

The hotel rooms these days are much nicer than in the past.  [By the way do you know why Motel 6 is called Motel 6?  When they first opened, the rooms cost $6.]  Anyway, thanks to my wife's travel points we stay in some nice hotels when we travel.

And so I am in this hotel room and I remember that when we moved to California in 1969, our house was not finished so we lived in the Vagabond Inn for 3 weeks.  We had two basic rooms.  One for mom and dad and one for the three kids.  We ate breakfast every day at the Denny's on site.  I loved living in the hotel and I loved eating the pancakes every morning.

The house was finally done and we moved in.  We lived in San Jose for 7 years.  I went to Jr Hi, Sr Hi and did my freshman year of college at San Jose State.

All those memories from being in a hotel room. 
Life is good, but it sure goes by fast.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020

No comments: