Monday, September 30, 2019

Mad at the church

Sometimes I am mad at the church.  Now remember, there is no reason to get mad at institutions.  Institutions don't hurt us, people do.

I am not mad at Ft. Pierce First, or Woods Chapel.  It is a generic mad at the church.

Why would I be mad at the church?  I have just grown tired of the people who try to convert others without love.  I am tired of decisions that protect the status quo.  I am sad that so many of my friends have given up on the church.  My children have given up on the church.  Millions of people across the country have given up on the church.  I am tired of the judgment and self-righteousness that I see in some Christians.

Having said that, I had a wonderful experience in church last Sunday.  A few rows in front of me, a woman was crying quietly during the sermon.  It seems that Pastor Tim had said something that touched her.  That was very very very cool to see.

So I thought to myself, yes you are mad from time to time at some of the things that Christians do.  Yes the church is not perfect.  But from time to time, God still moves and someone is touched. 

I think that I am going to keep going to church.  👍

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020

No comments: