Saturday, September 14, 2019

devotional for General Conference

I was asked to submit a devotional for General Conference.  I have no idea if they will use this devotional thought, but this is what I sent in...

It’s the only thing.

When it comes to finding wisdom and following God’s will, we need to remember the main thing. The Apostle Paul made it clear that the main thing is the only thing. If I’m ordained an elder but have not love I’m a clashing cymbal. If I’m elected a delegate to a conference but have not love I’m a sounding gong. If I stay up late at night burning the candle at both ends but have not love it’s all for not. Jesus also made it very clear as to what he considered important. When challenged by the Pharisees as to what was the greatest commandment, he replied basically, Love God and love others. This answer represented his wisdom regarding what it meant to live in the will of God. He continued, On this hangs all the law and the prophets. In other words to love God and others matters head and shoulders above anything else. These two things are the core of what it means to be a Christ follower. May you and I regardless of our status, regardless of our age, regardless of our opinions always strive to be those who follow Jesus in the way of loving God and loving others. Love is the root of Christian wisdom, life and vision. It’s the only thing that matters.


It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020

No comments: