Thursday, September 26, 2019

I lost him

I was getting off of the plane in Melbourne, Florida.  We were all, all of us were waiting to get off of the plane in Melbourne.

I noticed a commotion a few rows back.  A short man, carrying his duffle, was working his way through the crowded isle.  Without saying anything, he bumped past me and continued his way toward the front of the plane.

Several folks commented about his behavior.  I decided that I was going to say something to him when I saw him in the terminal. 

"Hey friend, you were rude."  "Hey friend, there was no reason for that."

When I got off the plane I looked for him.  I was going to set him straight.  But I had lost track of him now and could not remember which man he was.  I lost him in the crowd.

Ten minutes later, waiting for my bag at baggage claim, I thought about how it was probably a good thing that I lost him in the crowd.  An unnecessary negative encounter was avoided because I lost him.  I began to feel glad that the encounter did not happen.  I started to get over myself.

How much better might life be if the people that we were mad at got lost int he crowd. 
Let it go...  let them get lost in the crowd... you will be glad that you did.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020

No comments: