Monday, November 8, 2021

If you borrow

If you borrow a thing, return it in better condition than you found it.  If you borrow it and break it, replace it.

Years ago I borrowed a paint sprayer.  I dropped it on the patio and broke it.  I was heartsick because I knew that I had to replace it.  Fortunately it was not as expensive as I had thought.

My dad gave me this speech 100 times.  "Return it better than you found it."

If you borrow someone's truck, take it to the car wash.  Use the vacuums.  Throw away the trash.  Buy tire black from the Dollar Tree for $1 and make the tires look great.

Bless the loaner by returning the item in great condition.  Then they will be glad to loan to you again, and, its just the right thing to do.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/RC22_031922T_TulipTime_002_FINAL-1.pdf

Click here for the brochure



No comments: