Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Patch Adams

I was home alone on Saturday night. I was bored and tired and depressed. I decided to watch a movie. We don’t have HBO anymore so I went through our remaining DVDs and finally selected Patch Adams with Robin Williams.

If you are unfamiliar with the movie, it is about a man who brought joy to others.  I was so looking forward to getting that happy feeling. 

I looked through the cabinet and when I found the movie I was so excited. I pulled it out started into the next room and I realized it felt light.  I opened the case and the DVD was gone.  This is why we have children, so your favorite movies can disappear.  I hope one of them is enjoying it.

Empty case.  No movie.  Poop!

Sometimes in life you get what you want and sometimes in life you get what you get.

I refuse to stay depressed.  I ordered a new copy. When it comes I am going to watch it and get that happy feeling!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

click here for the brochure

No comments: