Sunday, April 3, 2022

Ghent

By now I am home from my trip but I still want to share some pictures.  These are from the town of Ghent.  You may remember the famous "altar piece of Ghent."  I was so looking forward to seeing it, but we needed reservations and did not have the time to fit it in.

Today, as I write this [March 25th] I took the bike ride in Rotterdam.  On the ride I was hit by a motorcycle, a first for me.  I came out fine but the bike is going to need some work.

I would have to tell you that my favorite part of the trip so far has been the town of Ghent.


church from the 1400's








the stone carving is amazing.

zoom in to appreciate


Marriott hotel [zoom in]












Kind of a shame to have all of these amazing churches, that no one attends.  I think the good ol' USA is heading that direction.

It did make me happy to know that there was a time when everyone went to church, everyone loved God and they built some fantastic sanctuaries.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure

No comments: