Friday, April 22, 2022

your real self

There is the real me, and then there is the me that I allow people to see.  Same for you.  There is the real you and the you that you allow others to see.

Clearly, the most valuable relationships in our lives are the ones in which we can be our true selves.  

I want to suggest today that too often, we hide parts of ourselves from others when it is not necessary.  When we cram down part of who we are, it is detrimental to our well being.  It is better sometimes to have an open conflict/discussion, then to create all of the stomach acid that comes with pretending.

I for one, am glad to know you and accept you, just as you are.  You can be your real self with me. 

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure

No comments: