Tuesday, April 26, 2022

I am a victim

I am a victim of some bad things.  Things that happened when I was a child.  You may be as well.

Ok, so we are victims.  We were innocent children.  But I have learned something in the past month:  In order to begin the process of getting whole, you cannot park your car in the victim garage.

Yes you are a victim.  But as long as you park your car in that garage, nothing will change.  No one is coming along to fix it for you.  Basking in victimhood only perpetuates the pain.

Get out of the victim garage and don't ever park there again.  Not because you aren't/weren't a victim, but because no healing will come as long as you are in that garage.

Get out there in the world and start working on you.  Stand up and live.  Refuse to be a victim and begin the journey of overcoming. 

 [I know this post is heavy.  If you want to talk to me about it, send me an email at jsbrink57@gmail.com]

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure

No comments: