Wednesday, April 20, 2022

views of reality

I just finished the book When we cease to understand the world, by Benjamin Labatut.  It is about the development of Quantum Mechanics.  Now all of that sounds very uninteresting to me, but I found the book and it's stories of WW2 scientists fascinating.

Many very smart people collaborated over the years to find this new way of looking at the world of physics.  Here is a quote from the book, page 80:

"A perspective by nature is limited.  [yours is, mine is.]  It offers us one single vision of a landscape.  Only when complementary views of the same reality combine are we capable of achieving fuller access to the knowledge of things.  The more complex the object we are attempting to apprehend, the more important it is to have different sets of eyes, so that these rays of light converge and we can see the One through the many.  That is the nature of true vision."

My comment... The older I get, the less I know.  I have learned over the years that I learn more from people that are different from me than I learn from people that are like me.  If I surround myself with those who see it just as I do, there is no growth.  But, when I open my heart and my ears and listen to those with a different perspective on things, I am enriched.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure

No comments: