Saturday, April 30, 2022

strange dream

I had a strange dream.  I had it repeatedly in one night and then again the next night.

In my dream I am married to a Chinese woman.  Suddenly in our 40's she begins to age rapidly and dies.  I am shocked, I am stunned.  I grieve.

Dreams are strange.  And it continues... 

I walk into the next room in my dream, and there she is, but now she is an embryonic late elementary school age person.  She she is aging.  She is 40. Then she is aging, then she dies.

I am shocked.  I am stunned.

I walk into the next room and there she is again, a late elementary school size person.  Then she is 40.  Now I ask her what is happening.  She does not know.  I ask her if it will continue.  She says that she thinks it will.  And then she is aging and then she dies.

But now I am not shocked, and I am not grieving.  I walk into the next room and there she is.  And the process begins again.

It was like the movie Groundhog day.

Dreams are strange.  I don't always think about what dreams mean, but in this case since I have had it repeatedly and since I can recall it vividly in my conscious mind, I am thinking about it's meaning.  Here is what I have come up with.

Life is short.  Death is certain.  Death is normal.  Death does not need to be feared because just in the next room there is life again.

Enjoy the moments that you have with your friends and loved ones.  Don't fear death... it just opens the door to the next thing.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure 

No comments: