Sunday, May 1, 2022

May Day

May Day.

This is not a distress call.

When I was a kid, May Day was a thing.  It was celebrated on May 1st.  We would put flowers on someone's door.  We would dance around the maypole.  It was a celebration of Spring.  It was a celebration of life.

One year I was asked to be one of the dancers around the maypole.  We were supposed to skip.  I only knew how to gallop.  So my mom and my sisters had to teach me how to skip.  I still remember that.  

It was a simpler time.  When was the last time that you gave someone flowers?  When was the last time that you danced?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure 

No comments: