Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Despair

So when I posted yesterday's blog I knew that the fugitives had been captured.  I did not know that Vicky White, the correctional officer, had shot and killed herself.

How sad.  How sad for her family and friends.  It is just sad.

Yesterday I posted about her loneliness, and in effect, our potential loneliness.  Today, I am thinking about the despair that she must have felt.  What was she thinking???  Maybe she thought, "If this does not work out, I am just going to end it all?"

Anytime we end a life, it ends the chance for things to improve.  But as long as we are alive, there is good to do, there are people to love and things can always change for the better.

If you are feeling despair, please get help.  There is still a purpose to your life.  There is still good to be seen.  Do not let loneliness, hurt or despair have the last word.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below. And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: