Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Learning to love those who hurt us

It is one thing to say that we should love our enemies, it is another thing to actually learn how to do it.  In the next few blogs I am going to give some ideas on how to love your enemies.

Today's tip:  See them with Jesus.

[I don't mean see them dead in heaven!]

See them with Jesus.

When we think of those whom we don't like, we often feel sour.  But when we think of Jesus, we feel good, we feel peaceful.  We feel love.

Now think of the person that you don't like.  Feel the sour.  Now think of Jesus in the room with that person.  If Jesus is in the same room with that person, my feelings calm down.

Now see that Jesus is walking over to that person and putting his arm around them.  Now I look and there they are, the two of them, arm in arm.  Jesus even hugs the person that I have not liked.

My heart changes a bit towards them.

If Jesus can love them.  Maybe I can too.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure 

No comments: