Friday, May 20, 2022

Falling into the God that we don't know

There is much said in religious circles about "knowing God." I hear stories from time to time about someone who "hears from God."

It is my belief that God is bigger than our brains. God is bigger than everything. God is beyond our abilities to manage and control him and we should stop trying.

Isaiah 55:9 says, "My ways are higher than your ways, my thoughts are higher than your thoughts."

Richard Rohr said, “I would not respect any God that I could figure out” St. Augustine of Hippo (354–430) said the same: “If you understand it, then it is not God.”

Maybe instead of spending our lives trying to captivate and force God into a box, we should fall into the arms of a Father who is infinitely wiser and more gracious.  A God who welcomes us in our brokenness.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure 


No comments: