Thursday, May 26, 2022

attitude is a choice

I am at the hotel restaurant.  I am flying out the next day.  I order my customary ice tea [unsweet] and a sandwich.  The server is fine with me.  A woman next to me announces a large party and explains where they will be sitting.  The server explains to her that they are short handed and she won't be able to help them.  20 minutes later, I find out that the server is having a bad day.  Back pain and trouble at home.  She does finally serve the large party, but complains to them the whole time.

Nice to me, not nice to the other person.  Why?  

I have made note recently of how a person's attitude can make a huge difference in the world around them.

I was on a plane flight.  I wandered to the back of the plane to ask for a cup of coffee [black].  One flight attendant said, "return to your seat."  That is all that he said.  No explanation, just return to your seat.  Well thankfully there was another flight attendant there.  This one said, "here, give me your cup."  He filled my coffee cup.

Two men.  Two choices.  One chose to show kindness.  One not so much.  

We all have choices to make.  What choices will you make today?  The world is waiting.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure 

No comments: