Monday, May 9, 2022

Learning to love, one more time...

This is my last post in the series, learning to love.  But, I would hope that all of us, every day, are looking for ways to love others.  Looking for ways to love those who are good to us and those who have not been good to us.


One of the most important things that I can say about learning to love, or really about anything in life, is that it begins with a desire to try.  It begins with the awareness that you want to improve, you want to learn how to do it, you are willing to make the effort.

Without a desire to try to improve, we are dead in the water, but once the desire appears, we can begin our journey of forgiveness and love.  We can begin our journey of releasing them, and at the same time, releasing ourselves from the prison of bitterness and resentment.

Just making a conscious decision that I want to try, puts my mind in a better place.  If I want to try, I am already one step down the road of healing, and my mind can now be engaged in looking for the proper tools and ideas to help me release those who have hurt me.  [see posts of the last few days for some tools.]

I hope that you are willing to try.  I hope that you are willing to begin.  I hope that you can take that first step.  There is a better day, there is a better way.  There is a life where we are no longer dominated by resentment and anger.

But we must take that first step.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below. And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: