Sunday, May 22, 2022

I hate to admit it

At my age, I don't think that I should be afraid of anything anymore.  But I ran into something else that reminded me that fear is alive and well in this old carcass.

I was driving a 26' Penske truck in Virginia for my friend's construction company.  Difficult driving situations are difficult in your normal car, but plop yourself into a big rig and consider...

  • I am driving in a town that I have never been.
  • I am totally unfamiliar with the roads.
  • I can't even tell, North, South, East and West.
  • The lanes are narrow due to construction.
  • The traffic is rush hour, stop and go.

If you happen to call me during such moments, you will likely get a very nervous Jeff.  Maybe if I did it more often I would be more comfortable with it.  But for now, I hang on tight and apply my best efforts to making it thru.

Ahh, I guess that is good advice... When you find yourself in a spot that is not of your preference, hang on tight and apply your best efforts.  Robert Shuler once said, "tough times don't last, but tough people do."

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure 


No comments: