Wednesday, May 18, 2022

We were Brothers

We were brothers... and sisters.

There is this group of people that I have been in ministry with over the years.  Friends, colleagues, people that I know.  People that I got to know and learned to love.

Every year at Annual Conference, I would read that so and so left our Conference and moved to another Conference in another state.  So and so got in trouble and left.  So and so died.  So and so got burned out and left.

Regardless of why the left, it always hurt to see them go.

Now, I am one of those who has gone.  Over the hill.  Forgotten.  Moved on.  I made the list of those who are no longer appointed.  It feels funny to no longer be in the fraternity.

Every year I read the list of new appointments.  This year, I realized that I knew hardly anyone on the list of appointments, but I knew a ton of names on the list of those who have passed.

It was a wonderful career, it was a wonderful time.  It was a wonderful group to be a part of.  I still live vicariously through all of my minister friends.

But, we all have to remember that we are all still ministers whether we have a church assignment or not.  Even if you were never a pastor, you are still a minister.  Every day we have a chance to wake up in this world and share the love.  That is why we are here.

And that is a list that we will never get off of.  We will always be here to love others.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure 


No comments: