Saturday, May 14, 2022

perspective

I ran into a string of bad luck.  My car has started burning oil.  One quart every 600 miles.  Ouch.  We have had an unexpected home repair of $970 which added nothing to the value, it simply fixed a broken thing.  And to top it off, I was flossing my teeth and a crown popped off.  I was grousing about this run of bad luck.

image from our mantle.


A friend stopped me and asked:  How are your legs?  Can you walk?  How are your eyes?  Can you see?  How are your ears?  Can you hear?  Can you hear me right now?

Oops.  I forgot to see the good.  Lots of negativity can collect around us and we can get sidetracked.  During these times, remember all the good.  The car will get fixed or replaced, the house is fixed and the crown is already back on.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure 


No comments: