Wednesday, May 25, 2022

I see her face...

There is a song from the 1970's by the Chi-lites, "I see her face everywhere I go, on the streets and even at the picture show, have you seen her..."

Lately I have been seeing her face, and his face.  The faces, the hair, the body shape of friends that have passed in the last few years.  It is actually painful.  I see this person, and my brain says, "oh, there is _____."  I look harder.  And my brain reminds me that they are gone.  😢

But for a moment, they were here again.  I miss them.  Why did they have to leave?  I don't know.  It sure hurts to lose those whom we love.

But this hurt is not the end.  In times of pain it is important to remember that we have a place to go.  We have a loving Father.  And, he holds the whole wide world in his hands, even me.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure 

No comments: