Monday, May 16, 2022

Where are you going?

Friday I was driving to a cruise port for a weekend cruise.  [I should never complain about my life, right???]  Anyway, I just figured that I knew how to get there.  I did... kind of.  When I got close, I realized that there was more than one Carnival ship.  I took my choice.

Wrong choice.  And I am coming up on the edge of boarding time.  I am nervous.  I make a questionable U-turn.  I head towards the other ship.  I made it in time, but in the future, I am going to check my paperwork and make sure that I have the address of the port for the ship in question.

We should know where we are going.

Having said that, I was talking with someone the other day who does not know where they are going in life.  One career has ended and they don't know what is next.  I can relate to that... one big section of your life comes to an end...  there are questions...

What happened?
Why did this happen?
What is next?
What will I do while I am in between?

Well, I have to tell you that it has taken me years to adjust to the big vocational changes in my life.  But I think that I am now landing comfortably in my new territory.

If you are "in-between" what was, and what will be, let me tell you that although it is an odd time and there are odd feelings, things can and will get better.

Try to relax and make good decisions, one day at a time.  Give yourself some time to navigate.  We can't always know where we are going, but we can relax along the way.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure 


No comments: