Sunday, May 15, 2022

Silence is golden

I was recently around a person who had to announce how much money they made.  They informed those listening that they lived in a 6,000 square foot house.  On and on they went about how much they had.  I found this very annoying, especially because a number of people who heard them say such things will never have that level of income or that size of home.

I think they were telling the truth.  I think that they do have all of that stuff.  But it just didn't sound good.  I think people who need to tell you how cool or how good they are, are probably suffering from feelings of inferiority.

I feel bad about myself so I have to tell you how great I am.

It just doesn't sound good.  Sometimes silence is golden.  I wish that more people were ok with just sitting in silence.  

John Wesley said, "preach the gospel, when necessary, use words."  O how I wish we used less words and spent more time just loving people.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure 


No comments: